Fairbanks Weather

Click for Fairbanks, Alaska Forecast

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Cupcakes - It's where I've been

Alaska Blueberry Vanilla Cupcake
Wow I've been gone a long time.  I'm really sorry, I didn't intend to be gone for so long, but well I've been making cupcakes.  Let me explain...

S'more Cupcakes




We decided to start a cupcake bakery here in Fairbanks. 


Wild Rose Cupcakes, Fairbanks Alaska
I got the idea after visiting one in Chicago, ok and I admit it, being addicted to watching Cupcake Wars.  Cupcakeries are all the rage everywhere.... except here.  I would love a store front, but for now we are going to sell at the Tanana Valley Farmer's Market on Saturdays and Wednesdays.


 I hope you come visit our web page www.wildrosecupcakes.com  (I'd love some feedback on the site, I've never designed a web page before.  Does anyone out there have any idea how to get a button to link to Facebook and twitter on website tonight?  Here is a link to like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wild-Rose-Cupcakes/228236090623132

I have spent an enormous amount of time trying and perfecting recipes, the most difficult by far has been to make cupcakes that don't dry out immediately without using preservatives.  Here  is a link to my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe so far. 
Classic Vanilla-Vanilla Cupcake
Mmmmm and my new favorite frosting French buttercream, you can find the recipe here


I hope you forgive me for my long absence.  I'll post more later on gardening and chickens and turkeys soon (ok realistically next weekend because this upcoming week will be a crazy one)

2 comments:

  1. I've wondered where you've been and missed your posts but I can see you've been very productive! And gosh, that vanilla-vanilla cupcake looks delicious! Good luck in your new venture - I know I wouldn't pass by your booth without purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I wondered where you had been too! Good luck! I wish I could stop by your cupcake shop! :)

    ReplyDelete